cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help how do you change the aperture settings on a canon rebel xti.

Gatorandfamaily
Apprentice
I am shooting in manual mode trying to get some moving water shots and I have figured out how to change my shutter speed but how do I change my aperture I have a canon rebel xti. I am really wanting to get these shots any help would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Hold down the AV button and use the control wheel. This is all explained clearly in the manual.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Hold down the AV button and use the control wheel. This is all explained clearly in the manual.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Aperture is displayed on the viewfinder status bar and on the LCD panel, turn the main dial to select different apertures. A half-press of the shutter release causes the cameras exposure system to calculate the shutter speed, if it's outside of the cameras exposure range the shutter speed will blink.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

He is in M mode, not AV. The rebel only has one control dial so you have to press the extra button to set Aperture. Did you read the OP?

Manual mode or not, the processes to use the controls are clearly spelled out in the user manual.  If the OP does not have such as doument they can download it from the Canon website and get the answer far faster than asking this forum.

Once obtained, I would sincerely suggest reading the manual before posting questions that it answers.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements