cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help- eos t3i not working

pcasner
Contributor

I have a Canon EOS T3 I. Yes, I know it's old but has been my faith camera for photographing my children's sports activities. I took pictures last Friday night at my sons football game and on Tuesday I went to use it for a soccer game and it would not take a picture. The LCD screen is black so I have no menus. It attempts to focus but will not take a picture and will eventuallyIndicate that it's busy. I have swapped out batteries. I have swapped out camera cards. I have swapped lenses with no success. The only thing that it does is when I turn it on I get one red flash of the light down in the lower right corner of the camera body. My son has a game tomorrow night and I really need to figure out what's wrong and if I can use this camera.

14 REPLIES 14

pcasner
Contributor
Thanks for all the recommendations for new camera guys. I am aware of the features that mine may lack compared to the new ones but I am trying to fix this one right now. I need it a little bit longer. So if you have any suggestions for fixing this one please share them with me. Thanks

Well then let's hope the new charger gets you going! One last idea, have you looked inside the battery compartment to see if the battery contacts inside are clean and not damaged? Some alcohol on a Q-tip can be used to clean those. Also, check the charger too.

@pcasner wrote:
Thanks for all the recommendations for new camera guys. I am aware of the features that mine may lack compared to the new ones but I am trying to fix this one right now. I need it a little bit longer. So if you have any suggestions for fixing this one please share them with me. Thanks

A used replacement is far cheaper than a repair.  If you want a 90D .... [. Woo Hoo, turning cartwheels .} ... go with the cell phone,  or look for a temporary used body at KEH dot com, or somewhere.

Buy the 90D from a reputable online dealer like B&H, or direct from Canon in the Online Store.  There are other very reputable dealers out there, but I have never used them.  I have just never had reason to change.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you, everybody!  I borrowed a friends camera body for last night's game. So glad I did. Game was awesome and my son's team won 52-22.  But getting back to the camera issue. So I put my normal camera card in my friend's camera and her camera would not turn on either. Tried another, no luck.  Went home and got my old wifi card, put it in and it worked for the game.  Got home last night with everything and put the card in my camera, it works.  So in addition to the new charger coming, I am throwing out the other camera cards and buying a stock of new ones today.  I'm still not convinced that the charger wasn't also an issue so I will keep the new one when it arrives.  Thank you all for your help and suggestions.  Going to keep my eye out for the 90d anyway.  Hopefully I will find a deal on Black Friday.  Have a great weekend.

"...put the card in my camera, it works."

Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements