Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: Help Canon600D

"You did reset to Canon factory defaults?"

It is fruitless for everyone to 'guess' what may have been set wrong or whether your camera is faulty until you have reset it to factory defaault.  After you get it reset then you really do need to read and understand how to set things. You will then know if you did do something.  But reset it first.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.
Occasional Contributor

Resetted several times. Did not work. Somebody advised me to leave the battery out for a week. 
What surprises me is that when I put the video on, I DO have enough light.

Honored Contributor

What are the exposure settings when you are "filming" the night sky?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Occasional Contributor

Honestly I just tried during daytime. Getting dark pictures and the video is perfect. Unfortunately in Holland clear skies are very rare and you have act very quick, not enough time to experience.
Pictures of the moon are perfect (enough light) that I know. But pictures farther away too dark. Videos I did not try as I have to align my telescope with 3 pictures first in order to find other planets
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

PS: so I have to get it right in daytime first
VIP

Gonna repeat this..........

"It is fruitless for everyone to 'guess' what may have been set wrong or whether your camera is faulty until you have reset it to factory default.  After you get it reset then you really do need to read and understand (the manual that came with your camera) how to set things. You will then know if you did do something.  But reset it first."

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.
Occasional Contributor

Yea you're so right. I tried for days and will continue. Thanks
Honored Contributor

You only have to reset once. If you have reset and can't get the camera to go toI SO 6400 in Program mode there is something wrong. Do you have a service center near you or a phone number for Canon support?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
Esteemed Contributor

@jrhoffman75 wrote:
You only have to reset once. If you have reset and can't get the camera to go to ISO 6400 in Program mode there is something wrong. Do you have a service center near you or a phone number for Canon support?

I'm speaking a bit out of turn, because I don't have that camera. But my recollection is that on cameras that have an extra optional ISO jump, that feature is not turned on by default. So resetting to factory settings might not be enough. I think the OP has to consult the manual.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Honored Contributor

I initially thought that as well, but I checked manual on line and 6400 is in standard range. 12800 is extended ISO.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic