cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helow..I have problem in my canon eos kiss X10. When I us...

Nelvin
Apprentice

Helow..I have problem in my canon eos kiss X10. When I using my external microphone theres a noise its like a eletric noise ..I dont know if the sucket is the problem or the cable./.when using internal mic I dont have problem..I dont have problem before about using external mic but now I dont know there is a noise..please help me guys//I cannot explained well Im not good english..

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Some comments and things to check:

-Ensure the connector on the external mic is clean and in good condition.  (cord is not kinked or bent) 

-Ensure the port on the camera is clean, free from excessive dust, etc.

If you have another mic to test with try that too

If the mic is powered and has gain adjustment, try turing it down

Camera Settings:

There are Auto / Manual input, gain, Wind Noise Cancellation and Attenuator features.  Experiment here as some might work better depending on the brand of external mic.

See page 251 in your manual

sound.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks to your help sir..I checked the cords now I think there is no problem with the connector because I already try to my loptop but the sounds was good. I also cleaned now the socket of the camera but still there is a noise. I don't have extra cords or other microphone to test so that I can confirm if the socket of the camera is the problem. I also enable the wind filter but still have noise..I will try if I can buy a connector or another mic so that I can confirm what is the problem. I think its a shortage or a grounded.. I dont knOW But anyway thank you for your help

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Nelvin wrote:

Helow..I have problem in my canon eos kiss X10. When I using my external microphone theres a noise its like a eletric noise ..I dont know if the sucket is the problem or the cable./.when using internal mic I dont have problem..I dont have problem before about using external mic but now I dont know there is a noise..please help me guys//I cannot explained well Im not good english..

You have the wrong type of microphone.  Some microphones require phantom power, while others do not.  Some microphones have balanced outputs, while cheaper models have an unbalanced output signal.

This is also true of the microphone input connection.  Some connections can provide phantom power to a microphone, while others do not.  Some microphone inputs are balanced, while others are unbalanced.  

I would guess that your camera has a plain old-fashioned microphone input: unbalanced and unpowered.  Does that match the type of microphone that you are using?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you . That mic is cheap only...now I already ordered again new boya by-mm1 microphone to confirm if the problem is mic or the socket. This cheap mic before I dont have problem but after a months and now there is a noise ...I hope that if the mic is the problem its okay but if the socket of the camera is the problem that is a big problem. Thank you..

Thanks sir I already fix my problem..The problem only is the cord of the microphone..I buy new microphone so that I can checked,,but now sounds good...thanks

Glad to hear it.  Often times with these types of things you get what you pay for. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements