cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone I am new here so Hello to all. I have a question about my Cannon EOS Rebel T3.

Rawhawk
Apprentice

I shot a video with my new Cannon but can not work it out as too how to copy the vids to my comp. All the vids are in MOV format. Could someone have a few mins. to help me out??????

Thanks in advance

Rawhawk

3 REPLIES 3

ScottyP
Authority

Hi, Rawhawk.

The easiest way is to buy a card reader for $10 bucks at WalMart or Bist Buy or wherever, and then just plug the card reader into your computer's USB slot, and you plug your camera's SD memory card into the slot in the reader.  Then create a file on your hard drive (or in a portable hard drive).  Then open the card & card reader from "My Computer" and you can then simply drag and drop all the files on the card into the file  you have made to store pictures on the hard drive.

You can also use the wires that come with the camera (if you have them) and download directly from the camera into your computer, but 1.)  it is a slower transfer that way, and 2.) your camera has to be "on" the whole time so it can run your battery out.

Does that help at all?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

YES that helped a lot. ScottyP

Thanks again

Good luck.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements