cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had a PowerShot SX 150. Is there a way I can set new rebel T5 to make continuous folders each day

Donnajp
Apprentice

I have a Canon PowerShot SX 150. When I took pictures it put  them a a new folder iautomatically every day.  I purchased a Canon EOS rebel 5T and I can't figure out if I can have that happen automatically with this camera.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

No. You could manually create a new folder each day, but they would not be dated. They would be numbered 101, 102, etc.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Actually, there is a way.  Connect your camera using the EOS Utility 2 software, and click "Preferences".

EOS_Utility_2_Preferences.PNG

Select the "Destination Folder" Tab.  One easy way to organize your photos is by shooting date.  Professionals sort their photos by project, usually with mulitple folders within a project folder.

Notice the top line that says "Destination Folder".  It shows that I have created a folder named "2015", for the year, and a subfolder named "11" for the month.  Notice the dropdown box in the middle of the tab page that reads "Shooting Date". 

This combination of settings will create a separate folder for each date of shooting.  If you take photos on multiple dates before you download, separate folders for each date of shot images will be created, and the images stored there.  You will have to manually create a new folder for each month.  For example, I use "02" for February, because of how MS Windows sorts numbers I always use two digits.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Just to be clear for the OP - this is not occuring in-camera, which is what was asked.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

Just to be clear for the OP - this is not occuring in-camera, which is what was asked.

Hmm.  You might be right about that.  That wasn't the take away that I had.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements