cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - strange light on my photos

Marco99
Apprentice

started taking pictures on the firt day of my tripphoto1.PNG with my canon d650 and 18-135mm lens and a OVEREXPOSED RAY OF LIGHT apears in all of my pictures 😞

I an on a trip so I am not able to give my camera for fixing.

Do you this this is a shutter problem? What do you guys reccomand i try do?

attaching a photo for example.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Peter
Authority
Authority
Broken shutter blade.

Marco99
Apprentice
what does that mean i have to do?

@Marco99 wrote:
what does that mean i have to do?

It does not sound like you are in the US, which is where this web site is based.  You need to contact Canon support for your country.  The cost to repair may exceed the cost of buying a used camera of the same model.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tim
Authority

Marco99,

We're sorry this occurred.  It does seem as though this would be something which will require service.  The EOS 650D is also known as the EOS Rebel T4i here in America.  If you are within the USA, please let us know and we can give you the information for setting up service here. Since this is an imported model, the Factory Service Center here would have final say over whether or not that can be serviced in the States.  

If you are outside the USA, and would like for us to refer you to a different division of Canon, please let us know where you are located and we can get you over to the right place no problem. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Do you this this is a shutter problem?"

Yes Smiley Sad

"What do you guys reccomand i try do?"

Time to cut your loses and buy a new camera. IMHO, I would forget the repair route and just get a new Rebel.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements