cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP -- T7 LCD Screen not turning on, but camera is still taking pictures. -- Flash causes glitch?

obllvious
Apprentice

I've had this camera a little over a year and have not had any problems with it. I've definitely taken at least 25,000 pictures with it and I've taken good care of it.

Recently, I was taking some pictures at the beach and the flash went to go off and my finger was covering it; the flash clicked a few times, but couldn't pop up and the camera froze instantly. This has happened before, and I just turned the camera off for a few and turned it back on and everything was fine. However, this time, the screen went off and will not turn back on. The camera still turns on and can still take pictures, but the screen is not functioning.

I took the lens off and cleaned contact points, as well as the battery, and tried turning it off and on a few times, but nothing worked.

Is there a way to fix this? I really would not like to have to buy a new camera and I am heartbroken. Since a portion of the Canon site is down, I'm not sure what to do. Any advice or direction would be GREATLY appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements