cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! I do the yearbook for my elementary school. I took a lot of pictures on my Canon EOS rebel

Lady_Luck
Apprentice

HELP!! I do the yearbook for my elementary school.  I took a lot of photos on my Canon EOS rebel t3i and was transferring them to my computer when I get impatient.  I pulled the disc out of the computer while it was still trying to read it.  Then I put it back in the computer to try to start over.  When that didn't work I put the disc into the camera to see if I could read them there.  The photos did not show in the camera so making things even worse I took a picture to see if it was working at all.  I was able to take a picture but it said that only 1 picture was on the disc.  Then I put the disc back into the computer and it came up showing the icons for the original photos but kept spinning and spinning and didn't do anything.  Now it won't even do that much but what happens now is I get the DCIM folder like normal, then the 100CANON folder and then a folder that says  ╟/ 0A1.u when i try to open that folder it says, "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."  Is there any hope for getting the pictures back or making this disc useable again?  Thank you for your time and your help!  I feel like saying, "Help me o b canon experts you're my only hope!"

3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

SEE

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=670801

And I've read good things about RECUVA so it would my first choice.

DO NOT re use the card until you've either recovered them or have given up trying.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

If you don't have any sucess with the free programs available Sandisk Rescue Pro can be downloaded for a test & if it finds the missing / damaged files you can then pay the licensing fee & retrieve your photos. I have used Rescue Pro more than once with excellent results. (Bailed out friends & relatives who either pulled the cable out while downloading or who formatted in camera by accident). Rescue Pro found files burried from more than 1 in camera format & reuse. Lexar also has a very good program for this but I don't remember it's name.  .

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

ScottyP
Authority

Well, first may I say I think it is appalling that an elementary school would ask a kid between the ages of 6 and 11 like yourself to shoulder such a responsibility.  Budget cuts are what they are, but kids should not be expected to pick up the slack.  You have done remarkably well under these shocking circumstances.  And you write way beyond your age group, which is a credit to yourself and your teachers.

You should tell your parents to contact their state congressman and demand that they increase funding for schools, or else drop the yearbook program.

Smiley Wink

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements