Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Going to feel stupid for asking..but... AF question

With at least 100 clusters and another 100 single points to document, exposure stacking would indeed be a tremendous amount of effort to get all of them. If it can be avoided, that would be best, lol... Robert is right about that!

If there is no better option I shall reserve it for the prettiest of the collection.

Highlighted
VIP

Re: Going to feel stupid for asking..but... AF question

[ Edited ]

"If there is no better option I shall reserve it for the prettiest of the collection."

I doubt you need more than 3.  In that example of the barn, which has an extreme amount of f-stop range, it took only 3.  It is automatic and really is painless.  No matter what Bob from Boston claims. I swear it is easy.  Besides, if you are not post processing you don't truly want the best image possible. 

I use Lightroom mostly but there are others, some are free.  It is just a few mouse clicks as it is automatic in LR as well.

On my camera I tell it to bracket a shot.  It takes three shutter button releases. You can leave it in P mode if you want to. After the camera automatically reverts back to single shot.  I import in LR.  Tell LR to stack the three shots and 'bingo' there it is.

All the LR adjustments are now available for any other magic your heart desires.

The decision is yours.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!