cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency spectrum on the EOS Rebel SL1 mike?

LNovik
Apprentice

I recorded live piano recently (on my Canon SL1), and thought that the notes in the lower ranges did not sound deep enough. I realize thta the mike is not supposed to be great in any camera. In fact, one of the reasons I bought it was becaue I saw that it had a mike input for a better mike. Before I invest in another mike, I would like to see the frequency spectrum of the built in mike. DOes anyone know that? FOr instance, I can purchae a Rode mike with a freq response from 40 hz to 20 khz.. I want to make sure the included mike is not as good as this. I don't really care about the fact that the Rode has better directionality.

Thanks.

LNovik

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I cannot find the frequency response of any of the on-camera microphones documented anywhere.

However, I would be less concerned abou tthe frequency response of the microphone than I would concerned about the frequency response of the audio portion of a video signal.  Many professional videographers do not rely on the camera to record audio for them.  Instead, they rely on external audio recording, and use a slate to synchronize audio with the video during playback and editting.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Peter
Authority
Authority

AK4646 audio IC (on 550D, 50D, 60D, 5Dm2)

AK4636 audio IC (500d only)

AK4950 (650D).

Start checking them. Should give you something.

Announcements