Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Focusing problem- EOS Rebel T5i

MsNair
Apprentice

Hello!

I am user of Canon EOS Rebel T 5i.

With 55-250mm and 18 - 55 mm lenses I used to get good quality images. However of late I have problem in getting sharp and clear images.

I use power glasses. As suggested by a fellow photographer, I adjusted diopter, but it has not helped, especially in macros.

My questions-

Should I clean the AF sensor? If so, what is the best way to do it?

Is diopter adjustment necessary? How can I change back to default settings?

Will these help to get sharp and clear focus?

Thank you for any help that I can get.

I am a new member here. Hope I will get good suggestions to solve the issues.

MsNair

12 REPLIES 12

Hmm..tried a few shots...some are good some are not.

Agreed,my lenses are not macro...... Hence the focusing problem.

I get a lot of grains (noise) in the blurred BG (Bokeh); again not always. Sometimes images are really good but I feel in low light shots noise is more. Or while trying macros.

I was asked "which type of pics you take?"
I click flowers, fruits, birds, insects and landscape.....nature shots generally

To show some samples...I can give link to my flickr uploads; but do not know whether it is permitted here. (of course, good pics are uploaded there)

@MsNair wrote:

I get a lot of grains (noise) in the blurred BG (Bokeh); again not always. Sometimes images are really good but I feel in low light shots noise is more. Or while trying macros.

I click flowers, fruits, birds, insects and landscape.....nature shots generally

To show some samples...I can give link to my flickr uploads; but do not know whether it is permitted here. (of course, good pics are uploaded there)

Your "focusing problems" are caused by your lens conformiing to the laws of physics, not the fact that it's technically not a true macro lens.  Every lens has a MFD, Minimum Focusing Distance, and a magnification factor [which is 1:1 for a true macro]

You will always get noise in low light conditions with your current lens, which will be particularly visible when you zoom in on areas of the photo on your computer screen.  Doing that is called pixel peeping, and photos rarely look good when you do.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@MsNair wrote:

Did you watch these videos by Canon's Rudy Wilson?

A Look at The Canon Autofocus System Part 1
A Look at The Canon Autofocus System Part 2
A Look at The Canon Autofocus System Part 3
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements