cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash for Rebel XT

flytyerbill
Contributor

I have a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT and need to buy a flash attachment. The built in flash is no longer adequate. I am an amateur and know very little about flashes. Any help or reference links would be appreciated. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@flytyerbill wrote:

I have a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT and need to buy a flash attachment. The built in flash is no longer adequate. I am an amateur and know very little about flashes. Any help or reference links would be appreciated. Thanks

The Canon 430EX II is one step down from Canon's top of the line professional flash. It has good power output, and is the first flash most enthusiests start with. It has features like a 270 degree tilt swivel flash head and high speed sync.

The Canon 430EX II can be controlled using the buttons and LCD display on the back of the flash.

Lower level flashes like the Canon 270EX II require the flash to be controlled from the camera's menu. I don't believe the Rebel XT has that feature.

Thanks for the info. From my brief and inexperienced research that seems to be the one. You confirmed my thoughts. Thanks

You are well aware the 430EX flash will be worth more than the camera?

What is your purpose for the flash?  That is an important factor in recommending one.

I never do this but you may want to check out the Yongnuo flashes. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for the info. I will look into that flash.

Announcements