cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Bug?

jim18655
Apprentice

I upgraded the firmware in my T5i from 1.1.3 to 1.1.5 and now the LCD screen blinks off for 1 or 2 seconds about every 30 seconds. It seems to be worse when set to 'P' mode. I don't remember the camera acting like this before the upgrade. Can I go back to 1.1.3 or reload the 1.1.5?

EDIT:

Tipping the camera up makes the display go out. Move the camera and the display comes back on. Aiming at a lamp and it seems to stay on. Light related? Time out due to not being used? LCD stys on when set to lilve shooting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

There is a light sensor that turns off the LCD when your eye is at the camera. Make sure that the eyecup is firmly seated and not blocking the sensor.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

There is a light sensor that turns off the LCD when your eye is at the camera. Make sure that the eyecup is firmly seated and not blocking the sensor.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I upgraded the firmware in my T5i from 1.1.3 to 1.1.5..."

It is not necessary to upgrade FW unless there is a reason to. For instance and upgrade to lenses supported and you have one of the lenses. Sometimes, but very rarely, FW adds a new feature so that would be a good reason. Otherwise you probably won't receive any benefit from doing so.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements