cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault with the multi-function control wheel on the rear of my EOS 70D

philbooth
Apprentice
There is a fault with the multi-function control wheel on the rear of my EOS 70D.

1. When scrolling the outer click wheel in playback, it will occasionally stick on one photo for more than one click and other occasions will jump and mis one of more photos. Occasionally it will jump backwards, even when scrolling forwards.

2. Similarly what adjusting the settings when taking photos (aperture or compensation), it will jump more than one stop, or sometime will jump back instead of stepping forward.

This problem started several months ago, but only happened occasionally. However, this problem is now a regular occurance.

Doing a quick google search is showing that this is quite a common problem.

I hope the above makes sense.

All help & advice welcome.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen

Hello philbooth!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA!

If you're experiencing a physical problem with your EOS 70D, we recommend sending it in for service. 

if you're in the USA, you can get this process started by clicking HERE.

If you're outside of the USA, you'll find support options by clicking HERE and selecting your country/region.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Hello philbooth!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA!

If you're experiencing a physical problem with your EOS 70D, we recommend sending it in for service. 

if you're in the USA, you can get this process started by clicking HERE.

If you're outside of the USA, you'll find support options by clicking HERE and selecting your country/region.

Announcements