cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposure Bracketing With the T4i

chemdoc
Contributor

Since I learned about HDR recently, I have been using the bracketing option with my T4i to take 3 shots and then use Photoshop to merge the exposures.  I have been very pleased with the results, but am having a problem getting the camera to take all three exposures automatically.  It seems that when I set the camera for single shot I have to manually click the shutter for each exposure, but when I set the camera on a 2 sec delay it takes all three exposures in succession.  Is there some reason the camera won't take all three exposures automatically in the normal shooting mode?

2 REPLIES 2

hsbn
Whiz

That's normal. But you can turn on CONTINUOUS DRIVE MODE to take 3 shots if you press and keep the shutter button. For SINGLE SHOOTING mode, it is expected to only take 1 shot, thus the name.

For timer mode, of course, you don't want to press and wait 2-s for every frame.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I have been using the bracketing option with my T4i to take 3 shots ..."

Yes, but the camera just adjusts the exposure for the three shots.  The clicking, as pointed out above, is up to you.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements