cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Err 30 on eos rebel t3

samranch
Apprentice

I have an Err 30 Code on my camera. Any known fixes without sending in for service? Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

Mykolas
Authority

Hello samranch!

Thank you for posting on the Canon Forum about your EOS Rebel T3.  I understand it is displaying an error code.

"Err 30" indicates that malfunctions related to the power source have been detected.  Please follow these steps to attempt to resolve the issue:

1. Remove the battery from the camera.
  2. Using a soft microfiber cleaning cloth, thoroughly clean any contacts that you are able to clean on the battery and inside the battery compartment.  Do this even if the contacts already look clean.
  3. Retry the battery in the camera.

If the error still occurs, please try an alternate battery.  If the alternate battery produces the same results, your camera will require service to correct the issue.

To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Bigtexun
Apprentice

I had this error on my T3.  I have had the camera for over a year, but only used it for one christmas gathering, then it was put away.  I got it out once, took a picture, and put it back away.  A few days ago I got it back out for a friend's wedding I was asked to shoot.  Much to my dismay, it was getting Err 30 every time ried to take a photo.

After messing with it for a day, I borrowed another camera.  The day of the wedding I had to make several stops along the way, and I had my T3 in the car with me,  I tried to keep the car from getting hot in the sun, but some heat was unavoidable.  When I got to the wedding and started setting up, I tried the camera one more time, and it worked!  I shot the whole wedding with my T3, and never got any error codes!

I think that my newish T3 didn't like going unused, and the shutter developed a stiction issue.  I have seen this with flawed computer hard drives.I don't recommend the hot-car repair in general...  The Canon repair center would provide a better repair.  But it shows that there is a possibility of hope that it will get better wothout sending it off for repair.

"But it shows that there is a possibility of hope that it will get better wothout sending it off for repair."

Not likely ! Smiley Frustrated  

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

vlknoch
Apprentice

I get the Err 30 code but the camera is able to continue to take pictures.  I cleaned the battery contacts and changed the battery but that made no differance.  I guess I'll continue to use the camera until it quits taking pictures.

Faithphotograph
Apprentice

I just got my camera last month, and I took pictures with it last week. I turned it on today and everytime I tried to take a picture it said err code 30. I replaced the battery and memory card and it still says it. 

When it takes the pictures, the picture is all black except for a little corner.

Help!

Hi faithphotograph!

Thanks for joining and posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.

If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. 

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

We hope this helps! 

Announcements