cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Err 20 and 30 on Rebel T6s

steeltoe
Apprentice

Not sure this would be a problem with the shutter or mirror... or mirror bracket.  Not sure on the terminology for all these parts so you'll have to bear with me.  I can hear the shutter or mirror lagging when taking a shot then it gives me either the Err 20 or Err 30 message on the viewscreen.   Attached are some pictures showing what they look like when this happened.  It has the same dark area when taking video too although its always in the same area whereas the still shots it seems to show up in different areas of the frame.  

Thanks for any help you can give me, 

Steve

This was a shot of a hummingbird... The second shot was taken out the window in the house. 

IMG_3480.JPGIMG_3480.JPG

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I'm guessing shutter failure.

You can take lens off, switch to LiveView and see what is against the sensor.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks, I'll give that a try and see what I get.  Appreciate it

steeltoe
Apprentice

I'm guessing this is the shutter partially blocking the image sensor then John?  Never would have thought about trying Live View to diagnose this issue though.  

2020-07-15 16.23.21.jpg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Just needed to get the mirror up. LV was easier than going into the menus to find mirror lockup setting.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the tip, found a shutter blade repair assembly for $50 but still not sure I want to attempt this myself or not.  appreciate the help for sure man. 

"...not sure I want to attempt this myself or not."

You don't. Call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements