cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Err 05

marty3
Apprentice

I have a T5i and everytime I go to use the camera where the flash is needed, it pops up and clicks three times and the screen says "Err 05  The built-in flash could not be raised.  Turn the camera off and on again."  The flash does pop up but the error still appears.  It does let me use the camera without flash however I have to turn it off and on again after the error shows on the screne.  What can I do?

Marty3

4 REPLIES 4

Peter
Authority
Authority

The pin under the flash.

I am able to get err5 if I am holding down the pin and after that trying to pop up the flash.

http://www.canonistas.com/galerias/data/500/medium/eos350d-error05.jpg

The pin is working fine and the flash pops up on it's own.  It's quite confusing.  Thanks for the response!

Marty

Also I get three clicks, so I still think the problem is the pin. Maybe dust inside it under the pin.

Pop up the flash. Restart the camera with the flash opened. With a pair of tweezers, lift up the pin and press the flash button.

nagg
Apprentice

Is this issue resolved? I have exact same problem with my T4i and no matter how many times I restart, flash does open but can't get rid of Err 05 issue. I'm using camera without flash but this needs to be addressed. Any resolution is greatly appreciated!

Nag

Announcements