cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos rebel t6 autofocus not working.saying busy

alerajesh
Contributor
Hi i got canon eos rebel t6 for 2017 thanks giving November 23rd. Last week i had some issue with my camera , it doesn’t take pictures in autofocus mode and keeps adjusting the 18-55mm lens . Whereas manual focus mode works . How can i fix this ? If i cannot fix this, do i have warranty to get it fixed ( i see there is a 1year limited warranty). Is it covered? Please help me ..

Thanks in Advance
9 REPLIES 9

alerajesh
Contributor
Just to add more same auto focus issue with other lens also (looks like the lens trying to focus something and not able to take picture and says busy)

What are you trying to photograph?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@alerajesh wrote:
Just to add more same auto focus issue with other lens also (looks like the lens trying to focus something and not able to take picture and says busy)

Usually when the camera flashes “busy”, it may flash a viewfinder icon, which hints at what the problem or delay could be.

Are you indoors in a dark room?  When the camera tries to focus, does it flash the strobe as an AF Assist beam?  If the camera flashes busy when you try to take a picture, it is most likely because the flash needs to recharge itself back to full power.  Heavy use of AF Assist beam can cause theft to happen.

It can also flash “busy” for a few other reasons.  Look for flashing icons when it flashes busy at you.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I tried to pictures indoor and also outside (sunny day). it flashes tries to adjust the lens (automatically making whirrr sounds going back and forth) but in the end says busy and dont take pictures. 

in Manual Mode it takes picture. 

in AutoFocus Mode (live view) it takes a little bit time to focus and the square box turns green and clicks the picture. if i remove the live view mode it just makes sounds and dont take pictures. 

Is camera set to One Shot and not AI Servo or AI Focus?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I did clear all settings (just in case to be sure i dont have any custom settings ) before trying out all different scenarios,

i tried one-shot ,AI Servo or AI Focus but none worked. i tried to cleans the lens on camera body before the issue , does it impact anything related to A/F mode ?

If all your lenses act this way and you tried what John Hoffman suggested, the camera is faulty. I would make sure you really, really did set it back to factory defaults first. The fact the camera works in manual mode could mean something or maybe not.  Mostly that means the lens is at fault but you said neither lens will work.

Green square, ISO 100, lens on AF, bright sunny day and try (after reset).  If it works, it works and you set something wrong.

If it doesn't call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666.  You did buy it from Canon USA dealer?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I will try the below and let you know

Green square, ISO 100, lens on AF, bright sunny day and try (after reset)

. Yes, i bought it from USA Kohl's Store. probably if it doesnt work am gonna send it to Canon New Jersey Factory service Center.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
If you set camera to Green Square mode, lens to AF and are outside on a sunny day and it doesn’t focus if you are shooting a standard scene of a building or a person I think your camera will need service.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements