cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos Rebel T6i not getting recognized by Windows 10 and Eos Utility 3

phsalves
Contributor

Hello, everybody!

I'm new here, so please, if I'm posting in the wrong place, let me know.

I have a T6i for almost 2 years and it's a recurring problem, sometimes I solve it by just simply downloading the EOS software and reinstalling the dirvers, but this time, it's different.

I try to connect my camera to my notebook, but it's not getting recognized by Windows.

I have already turned Wi-Fi/NFC off, and I've already updated the camera drivers, still nothing. Before updating them, my computer wouldn't even make that "Device connected" sound. Now it makes the sound, but the camera doesn't get recognized, neither listed in the devices list, nor that little PC icon show up in the camera visor. The cable is original.

I don't know what else should I do. Both computer and camera work completely fine. I have already used my camera on my computer this year, the same problem happened, but I updated the drivers and everything worked fine. I just want to install some picture styles on it, if you have any alternative it would be very welcome.

I suspect it has something to do with the last Windows 10 update, but it's just a guess.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance 🙂

17 REPLIES 17

Tim
Authority

Hello phsalves, 

We are sorry that you are having difficulty.  Please ensure that you are using the most up to date software, available from the Canon web site, here

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Im having the same problem and I have updated the T6i Firmware, disabled Wi-Fi/NFC and the latest Utility from Canon for my Camera. I have Win10 (64). 

Its still not being recognized. I placed usb in every port and have the same issue.

It works great i other computers I have connected it to but it doesnt work on mine. 

Is there a driver that i need for it to be recognized via usb on my computer

You are using the USB that came with the T6i?  If not do that.

Second check your firewall settings.

Does the T6i show up in Windows Explorer?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Probably it's a driver issue. It happened to me a lot of times, even with the original cable. Everytime Windows updates is very possible to bug something and the driver installed doesn't work.

Try also to run all the Eos softwares that come with the driver. Last time I installed, the link for the one that recognizes did not appear in the Start Menu and Desktop. I had to go to the folder where it's located and create it by myself. Just go to the installation folder. and you'll find it there.

@CanvasNewYork wrote:

Im having the same problem and I have updated the T6i Firmware, disabled Wi-Fi/NFC and the latest Utility from Canon for my Camera. I have Win10 (64). 

Its still not being recognized. I placed usb in every port and have the same issue.

It works great i other computers I have connected it to but it doesnt work on mine. 

Is there a driver that i need for it to be recognized via usb on my computer

Is there any significant different between the "other computers" and your computer? Are you using a laptop or desktop?

Software applications have both software and hardware requirements.  People tend to overlook the hardware.  Canon recommends using an Intel chipset.  Many users with AMD chipsets always seem to problems with the USB ports.  Note, the USB port drivers for the AMD chipsets come from AMD,not Canon.

Are you using a USB hub?  Have you tried every USB port on the computer?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I try to connect my camera to my notebook, but it's not getting recognized by Windows."

What exactly do you mean?  Win 10 doesn't see the camera or the Canon software doesn't see the camera?  If it is just the Canon software, you need to update it.  It is a free update.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I already downloaded it. Version 3.10.0.0 and reinstalled twice, with the camera disconnected and connected to the computer.

The computer now recognizes that a device is connected, but I got an driver error saying : "Failure at the Device Descriptor Request", or something like that (my Windows is in Portuguese, so I'm not sure that the translation is right).

While the USB cable is connected, the camera also recognizes that it is connected to something. The visor opens normally, as it's not connected, but whenever I press any button, it shows the "BUSY" message. After a few seconds, I can operate the camera, and, navigating through the menus, the WiFi options are grayed out. I can take pictures normally, as if it's not connected.

When everything was working ok, I couldn't operate the camera, the visor just showed a little PC icon, and to use the camera I had to use the EOS utility.

I'll post some pictures of what it's happening when I figure out how hehehe thanks a lot!

Eos Utility not recognizing the camera:

eosu error.PNG

eos3 error.PNG

Windows 10 Driver Error:

driver error.PNG

Camera visor Info:

IMG_20190331_155255532.jpg

IMG_20190331_155319537.jpgIMG_20190331_155333644.jpg

I think the problem might be with this recent Windows 10 update, that might mess up with how the devices are recognized. I'll restore the system and check out if it works.

The camera USB connection was working around february. I'll post the results later.
Announcements