cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos Rebel T6 won't connect to my computer

deWAng123
Apprentice

Hi! So I recently got my EOS Rebel T6 and it came with a usb cord and all that, but it won't connect to my computer, and my computer doesn't detect a device when I plug the cords in. I have a decently old MacBook but the operating system is a macOS Sierra 10.12.4. I'm trying just to transfer the pictures from my camera onto my laptop, and I've also downloaded the EOS Utility along with the Utility 2 and Utility 3. I don't understand what went wrong, help would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

Thank you!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

StanNH
Rising Star

Make sure wifi is disabled on your camera when you use a wired connection.

View solution in original post

Page 317 of the manual that comes with your camera:

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

StanNH
Rising Star

Make sure wifi is disabled on your camera when you use a wired connection.

Ah I see, thank you! All the websites I went to told me to make sure it was on, but thank you so much! It's working haha 🙂

It's a very common problem and the literature doesn't really help much.  Glad it turned out to be a simple fix.

Page 317 of the manual that comes with your camera:

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

It is in the manual, yet many users manage to miss it.  Rather than a footnote at the bottom of the page, it probably should be part of the step by step instructions. ... likely the first step.

I've tried all these steps but when I open the EOS Utility, but the screen opens up to "Pairing over Wi-Fi/Lan" but nothing happens.

Welcome robbin. 

what computer operating system are you using

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Windows 10

rmitchell3617
Apprentice
THis feature was working now I cannot get it to work with my laptop. My camera is connected, wifi is disabled. The EOS utility is set to start when camera is connected. Like I said it used to do this but now it doesn't. I've tried reloading the software from the Canon site to no avail. I've tried different usb ports on my laptop and different cables. Help!
Announcements