cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos 1100D problem

dvreen82
Apprentice

Hi there!

I hope there is someone here who can help me out. 🙂 I've got a 1100D and been using it for the last 2 years, just recreational (I travel a lot) I always cleaned everything, kept it tidy and never dropt it or anything.

Yesterday I went for a hike and was shooting some pics and all of a sudden the shutter took very long, the screen blacked out and the red light lit up. Followed by some beeping which didn't stop. I took the battery out and put it back in and from that moment it just won't turn on anymore. It just doesn't work at all..

Anyone familiar with this problem or does anyone know what the problem could be? Because I really don't have a clue and the things I can find on google don't really help

Thanks heaps!

Dennis

2 REPLIES 2

PhotosbyMJ
Contributor

You weren't hiking near Roswell were you?? Robot LOL

Seriously though, I have an 1100D as well but have never had a lick of trouble with it. Overheating issue possibly?? I've heard memory cards can cause strange isues as well. Here I use Sandisc and have never had trouble with them being reliable.

Another resource for asking other T3 users is [link removed per forum guidelines]

Keep us updated as to the outcome of this problem - of this world or otherwise! Robot wink

Canon EOS 60D, 1100D
Canon EF 28mm f2.8, Sigma 30 f1.8 ART DC, Canon 'Nifty' 50 f1.8, Canon EF 85 f1.8 USM
Tokina 11-16 f2.8, Sigma 17-50 f2.8 EX DC OS USM, Sigma 50-150 f2.8 EX DC OS USM
Yongnuo YN 568EX II flashes with 622C Tranceivers

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Call Canon service.  Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements