cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Eye-Fi in Canon T4i

rajneesh
Apprentice

Dear Friends,

I have Canon T4i and purchased Toshiba Wireless Flash Air 32GB card for my T4i. I am not able to find 'Eye-Fi' settings in my camera, tried seraching for it in P mode while setting Image setting as Raw+L. However, Eye-fi settings is nowhere to be found.

Can somebody please help me in enabling Hidden Eye-fi setting in T4i, so that I can use Toshiba wireless Flash card, which would going to let me share picture wirelessly with my Laptop/Mobile.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Cheers,

Rajneesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The Toshiba works in ad-hoc mode in the camera and can transmit the files to a wifi enabled laptop.

Only a genuine Eye-Fi card will enable the features in the T4i.

All of the issues discussed above will apply.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3528908

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The Toshiba is not an Eye-Fi. It won't work through the camera menu.

You can use the Toshiba in ad-hoc mode, but it won't mesh with camera. You will have to ensure camera stays on while files are transferring by increasing auto off time. It will work fine ( Ihave used one) but it does require user interevention. The good thing about Eye-Fi is that it intergrates with camera and power control is automatic.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Eye-Fi is a specific brand.  See:  eyefi.com

I have an Eye-Fi card, but no longer use it.  I found the transfers to be painfully slow.  It wont transfer while you are using the camera.  After you stop shooting and go idle for a few seconds, it will switch on the radio and start transmitting.  JPEGs take several seconds each.  RAW images take considerably longer.  If you start shooting again before the transfers are complete it will abort the transfer, power off the radio, and wait until you go idle again before it resumes transfers.

I ultimately switched to a CamRanger.  This is an external module (about the size of a mobile phone) which attaches via a wire to the USB port in the camera.  It's able to control the camera remotely (via software for your computer, smartphone, or tablet) and it's transfers are faster.  

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

I agree with Timm Campbell. It just isn't ready for prime time yet.  Worse than poor!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hello Friends,

Thanks for the valuable inputs. I might be able to use Toshiba Wireless SD card as an ad-hoc by inserting it into a laptop, but then I won't be having any mechanism to enable wi-fi in my T4i. I might give CamRanger a try, but prior to that I would like to share a video that showcases enabling hidden Eye-fi option in T4i. Below is the link to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOkAanBW3y8

However, upon inserting Toshiba wireless flash SD card in my T4i, I am unable to find 'Eye Fi Settings' in any of the tabs.

I would be very greatful if someone can please enlighten me to enable this hidden feature in T4i.

Cheers,

Rajneesh

The Toshiba works in ad-hoc mode in the camera and can transmit the files to a wifi enabled laptop.

Only a genuine Eye-Fi card will enable the features in the T4i.

All of the issues discussed above will apply.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3528908

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hello John,

It was my mistake since I didn't search for the Flash Wifi signal. Now, I got connected to it from my macbook and can see the files on T4i 🙂

Surprisingly, it is working a bit faster for me, may be cause I am using 32 GB Flash air card.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers,

Rajneesh

gsspike
Apprentice
I just received my FlashAir 32gb V3 card and I have to say except for it not showing a wifi card in the Canon T4i menu it works great. No speed issues at all.

Be aware that if you are not using an EyeFi card the camera doesn't recognize it (as you found out) and as a result the camera will shut off when it times out, regardless of whether or not the FlashAir has finished transmitting.

You will need to increase the time delay; just remenber if you go to Never be sure to switch back when transmission ends or your battery will die.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements