cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS750d does not save pictures

klv
Apprentice

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I have a massive problem with my new eos 750d. Most of the taken photos are not saved, videos are not saved at all. camera shows only "cannot open the file" i used two memory cards, both formatted. Is it camera's fault os there anything i can do? Thank you in advance!

11 REPLIES 11

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

What memory card are you using and did your format the card IN CAMERA (and pick the "low level" option)?

Also, have you used this memory card in any other camera?  (memory cards should not be shared between different camras without reformatting the card.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

thank you for a quick reply! I bought two brand new kingston sd memmory cards, and formatted both normally and low level option

Well..........does it work now?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" Most of the taken photos are not saved, ..."

What does that mean?  Most are not saved but some are?  First, I would say the SD cards are faulty.  Buy new ones and buy high quality SD cards like Snadisk or Lexar.

Some say you have to format in the camera and I always do but I have never seen it to be a problem if you didn't.  At one time I was using seven cameras and it is impossible to keep cards separated especially when several people are using them.  We never had a problem.  So, yes, it is best to fromat with your camera but it is probably not your issue.

Go buy some new SD cards.  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

some i can see as normal and the rest are "cannot playback image"

Were these full size cards or micro cards with an adapter?

micro cards with an adapter

@klv wrote:

We don't recommend that, try a full size card. I know it should not make a difference, but...

@kvbarkley wrote:

@klv wrote:

We don't recommend that, try a full size card. I know it should not make a difference, but...

Oh I missed that... yeah... dump the microSD.  Use only actual SD cards.   If we had a nickel for everyone who had problems with the microSD card adapter...

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements