cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS7 not connecting to Wifi on phone

jlynneknight
Apprentice

Hello:

I got a replacement phone (Pixel 3) after breaking my screen and my camera will not connect to the App. I looked at the other forum responses and followed along. I uninstalled the app, restarted my phone, installed the app, tried to connect again, and it is just not working. Do you know how I can get this to work?

Thanks,

Jessica

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, Jessica!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera you're using.  We have four EOS camera models in our current lineup that use the number 7 in their model names, specifically the EOS Rebel T7, the EOS Rebel T7i, the EOS 7D Mark II, and the EOS 77D.  Each one's different from the next, so knowing the specific model would really help. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

wchettel
Enthusiast

Hello Jessica,

Even if your phone replacement is the same exact model, you need to go through the setup on your camera to make the connection. I had to do this a few months ago when I had to get my Pixel 3 XL replaced.

EACH & EVERY phone has a different hardware signature that your camera needs to detect and recognize.

--
Walter
in Davie, FL

@wchettel wrote:

Hello Jessica,

Even if your phone replacement is the same exact model, you need to go through the setup on your camera to make the connection. I had to do this a few months ago when I had to get my Pixel 3 XL replaced.

EACH & EVERY phone has a different hardware signature that your camera needs to detect and recognize.

Hardware signature?  Do you mean MAC address?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

Hardware signature?  Do you mean MAC address?

Sure! What else would it be?

--
Walter
in Davie, FL
Announcements