Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

EOS utility timing issue

I have a Rebel XS, and I am using it in my lab with the EOS utility to take time lapse photos.  The timing needs to be very accurate because it is mounted on a motor taking pictures of multiple setups.  However, when I use timer shooting mode set to take photos every three minutes, it actually takes a couple seconds more.  The closest I could get to actually taking pictures every three minutes was setting the timer to 2:57, but in that case, it lost a second every other picture, taking the fifth picture 11m58s after the first one rather than 12m00s.  There's no way to use fractions of seconds, so I cannot make it more accurate than this.  Is there any way to fix these timing issues?  I don't know if it's the camera or the program or what, but it isn't very useable when it's this inaccurate.

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: EOS utility timing issue

Get an intervalometer and forget about EOS Utility. If you get the adapter cable (RA-E3) you can use Canon's TC-80N3