cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility Update Problems

madjoyb
Apprentice

I've used the EOS Remote Shooting feature with my Canon Rebel T5 multiple times, but after the recent update I'm no longer able to. I set up the monitored folder and the destination folder, but when I return to the software main menu I cannot choose remote shooting. I use a USB cable as well, I'm unable to connect over WiFi and the software's "WiFi Utility" option is not available for me to click on either. I need to film some videos and I'm wondering if anyone can help me or dealt with similar problems. 

Thanks, 

MB

5 REPLIES 5

On most (all?) Canon DSLRs, you can't have a USB connection and a WiFi connection active at the same time.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

First and foremost, the Rebel T5 lacks built-in wi-Fi.  Second, it is not clear from your post what software was updated.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I updated my computer to MacOS Sierra 10.12 and the EOS Utility to EOS Utility 2. Hope this clears it up

Hi Madjoyb,

Thanks for posting.

If you're still encountering this issue, please check for your camera in Image Capture.
With your camera connected to your computer and powered on, please do the following:

1. Click on "File", then select "Open New Finder Window", then click on "Applications.
  2. In the Applications folder, click Image Capture. Image Capture will open.
  3. Under Devices, the Image Capture program will automatically list your camera. (If your camera does not appear, try shutting off your camera and turning it back on.)

Does your camera appear?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Canon,

After updating to Mac OS 10.15.2, tehtering cameras to your software no longer works. This also effected Capture One Pro 12 and 20 who accknoleged the issue and resolved it through and update:

https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004264838-Regarding-tethering-and-Mac-OS-10-15-2...

Is Canon aware of the issue, and will there be and update to resolve the issue soon?

Thanks!

Announcements