cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility Maximum shots

shtev
Apprentice

Hello,

I am trying to take a large time lapse using EOS utility software, but the maximum allowable shots value won't change to 9999 when shooting without the SD card like it should. It is remembering the last value from when a SD card was in the camera which is far to low. Camera being used is Rebel XSI, operating system is windows 7. Any advice on the matter would be grealy appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Problem solved! for anyone out there who is interested, turned out to be quite simple, it is a matter of storage capacity. Had to route the photo destination folder to an external hard drive.   

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I'm afraid my advice would be to not try something tricky and sophisticated with a camera that's ten years old.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hi Bob, Thanks for the pretentious advice, I'll Just take the houndreds of dollars I don't have and grab a brand new camera. If you don't have anything productive to share keep it to yourself. 

@shtev wrote:

Hi Bob, Thanks for the pretentious advice, I'll Just take the houndreds of dollars I don't have and grab a brand new camera. If you don't have anything productive to share keep it to yourself. 

I'm sorry if the laws of physics offend you, but I'm afraid they are what they are. In my defense, I'll point out that I'm not the one who invented them.

BTW, I'd be happy to have you prove me wrong. Please don't hesitate to gloat if your XSi does the job for you.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Stephen

Hi shtev,

We were discussing this, and we think it might be as simple as changing the setting in the camera to "Shoot w/o Card" to "Enabled" :
ShootWOCard.JPG

If you have that enabled, another option would be in Preferences of EOS Utility. See the bottom of THIS PAGE

If you're still running into problems, let us know, or get in touch with our free, US-based support at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) from 8am to Midnight (ET) Monday through Friday, or 10am to 8pm (ET) Saturday. 

Hi,

Thanks for the tip, but I have already tried that. The confusing issue is that it works fine with my laptop, but I'm using it for a very specific research application and it needs to be connected to the data acquisition system of a geotechnical centrifuge, with which it is not cooperating. Currently troubleshooting what the differences my be. 

Problem solved! for anyone out there who is interested, turned out to be quite simple, it is a matter of storage capacity. Had to route the photo destination folder to an external hard drive.   

Announcements