cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS T6 Utility 3.0 crashes after 3 photo downloads

dkkern
Apprentice

Hi,

I've owned my camera about 3 weeks now and I haven't been able to successully download photos.  I can download 1 photo at a time but if I select multiple photos the application downloads about 3 photos then crashes.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dkkern
Apprentice

This didn't fix the problem but I did figure out what was causing the issue.

I use Google Backup and Sync and there is a setting specifically for USB Devices & SD Drives.  There is a setting which can enable backing up of connected phones or cameras.  When enable it tries to backup the photos off of the camare as my camarea software is trying to download them.  It was set to "On" by default.  When I turned this off the software downloaded all my photos without interuption.

Hope this helps others.

Dave Kern

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello dkkern, 

This section describes how to download images from your camera to the computer using EOS Utility.

Same procedures can be used to download movies as well as still images. However, downloading movies requires a much longer time due to their large data size.

Windows Vista is used as an example, but the procedures are mostly the same if you use Windows 7, Windows XP, or Mac OS X.

ATTENTION:
  • Install all software from the Solution Disk supplied with the camera before performing the following procedures.
  • When downloading images to the computer, please log on to the computer as an administrator.
  • EOS Utility is exclusively for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Mac OS X.
Downloading all images that have not been transferred to the computer

1. Connect the camera to the computer with the USB cable supplied with the camera.

Set the camera's Auto Power Off settings to [Off] before making the connection.

Please see the related information for how to connect a camera to a computer.

2. Set the camera's power switch to <ON>.

3. EOS Utility starts automatically.

If EOS Utility does not start automatically, click the [Start] button, then select [All Programs] , [Canon Utilities] , [EOS Utility] and then [EOS Utility].

NOTE:

If you use Mac OS X, click the [EOS Utility] icon registered in the Dock.

If a screen for selecting the program (application) appears, select [Downloads images EOS camera]. (If you use Windows XP, select [Canon EOS Utility] and then click [OK].)

4. When the following window appears, start the operation for downloading images.

To download all images saved in the memory card, click [Starts to download images] in the EOS Utility window.

NOTE:

By default, the downloaded images are sorted into folders by their shooting date, and are saved in the [Pictures] folder on the computer. If you wish to change the destination for the downloaded images, click [Preferences] and specify the settings in the dialog box.

If you click [Lets you select and download images], the images saved in the memory card will be displayed in the EOS Utility window so that you can select the images to be downloaded. For the details, please see the "Downloading selected images" section below.

5. The images are downloaded to the computer.

6. When all the images have been downloaded, Digital Photo Professional starts and the downloaded images are displayed.

NOTE:

If you wish to edit images using Digital Photo Professional or ZoomBrowser EX/ImageBrowser, refer to the Software Instruction Manual supplied with your camera.

Downloading selected images

With EOS Utility, you can select the images you want from the images shot and download them to your computer.

If you wish to download only the images you want, follow the procedures below.

1. Connect the camera to the computer with the USB cable supplied with the camera.

• Set the camera's Auto Power Off settings to [Off] before making the connection.
  • Please see the related information for how to connect a camera to a computer.

2. Set the camera's power switch to <ON>.

3. EOS Utility starts automatically.

If EOS Utility does not start automatically, click the [Start] button, then select [All Programs] , [Canon Utilities] , [EOS Utility] and then [EOS Utility].

NOTE:

If you use Mac OS X, click the [EOS Utility] icon registered in the Dock.

If a screen for selecting the program (application) appears, select [Downloads images EOS camera]. (If you use Windows XP, select [Canon EOS Utility] and then click [OK].)

4. When the following window appears, click [Lets you select and download images].

5. A viewer window appears, and images in the memory card will be displayed.

From the images displayed, check the images that you want to download, and then click [Download]. (Four images are selected here.)

NOTE:
  • The images with the [  ] icon in the upper-left corner are movie files.
  • You can click the [  ] button and extract images by a variety of criteria to select images to download.

6. The [Download image] dialog box will appear. If you want to change the destination, click [Destination Folder] and make the settings in the dialog box displayed.

NOTE:

By default, the downloaded images are sorted into folders by their shooting date, and are saved in the [Pictures] folder on the computer.

7. If you click [OK] in the image above, it starts downloading the images to your computer.

When all the selected images are downloaded, Digital Photo Professional starts automatically and the images that have been downloaded will be displayed.

This completes the process of downloading images.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

dkkern
Apprentice

This didn't fix the problem but I did figure out what was causing the issue.

I use Google Backup and Sync and there is a setting specifically for USB Devices & SD Drives.  There is a setting which can enable backing up of connected phones or cameras.  When enable it tries to backup the photos off of the camare as my camarea software is trying to download them.  It was set to "On" by default.  When I turned this off the software downloaded all my photos without interuption.

Hope this helps others.

Dave Kern

Announcements