cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS T2i Power Problem

amaris22
Apprentice

My Canon is less than a year old, or maybe just at.  I've charged the battery, and when I put it back in the camera and close the lid, the red light blinks.  Then I try to turn on the camera to no avail.  I've tried charging it several times.  I have used the camera about 15 times in the past year.  I do leave the battery in the camera, and read I'm not supposed to.  Could that have done it?  The charger indicates a green light after it has fully charged.  Just not sure if I need to buy a new battery already.  Any advice would be great.  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Amaris22,

While leaving the battery in the camera will gradually drain the battery, this should not cause the issue you've encountered.

We do recommend that you remove your battery from the charger once the charging cycle is complete, since overcharging the battery will cause a premature failure.

If this is not the case, unfortunately, based on your description, your camera will require repair to correct this issue.

In this case, we recommend including the battery and charger with your camera.  Please list them on the requested documentation as included accessories and request that they be tested, too.  For service information, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements