cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS SL3 and BR-E1 Remote Problem

r_g_thomas
Apprentice

Well its Christmas and I am sure lots of folks are "debugging" new toys for loved ones!  

I purchased my wife a Canon BR-E1 remote for use with her EOS Rebel SL3.  Should be simple, huh.  Pairing was executed but then I was supposed to set the Drive mode to Remote.  Remote is not an option. Anyone using a BR-E1 with the SL3?  Any info would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

If you haven't already done so, download a copy of the Advanced Users Manual and check out page 112.

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/2/0300034502/02/eosrebelsl3-eos200d2-ug-en.pdf

Looks like it's a matter of pressing the "Q" button, select the Single/self timer menu, then select the Self timer/Remote control mode. More details on page 463.

Merry Christmas! Robot LOL Now get back in there and include yourself in the holiday group photos! Robot wink

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

If you haven't already done so, download a copy of the Advanced Users Manual and check out page 112.

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/2/0300034502/02/eosrebelsl3-eos200d2-ug-en.pdf

Looks like it's a matter of pressing the "Q" button, select the Single/self timer menu, then select the Self timer/Remote control mode. More details on page 463.

Merry Christmas! Robot LOL Now get back in there and include yourself in the holiday group photos! Robot wink

Thank you so much!  I went right by that  /remote title under self timer:10sec/remote.  I was thinking there would be a 

more remote only setting! 

We are all in the photos now!   Have a Merry Christmas and Thanks again! 

You're welcome. Glad I could get you pointed in the right direction.

That setting does seem to be slightly hidden in the menus, but in a way it makes sense that it's included in with the delay timer settings. I seem to recall it's located similarly on my 60D and I imagine on most, if not all, other Canon DSLRs.

Announcements