cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel XSi failing time to upgrade the Body

MadSail
Apprentice

Time to upgrade as my megapixel range is now considered too low for the Real Esate websites - I'd like to retain my EF-S 18-55 Lens as well as the EF 75-300 in the next body - I'm old and cheap too so spending $500 is out of my range. I've found a Rebel T-7 for Body for $395 as well as a T-6 for $350 which seem like they will work for me BUT are my Lenes compatible?

New to the Community so be gentle with me if the answer is obvious....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MadSail wrote:
Probably worth waiting until after the Holiday. Appreciate the info

B&H Photo Video in NYC has the T7 in stock, which certainlay includes a Canon Factory Authoized Warrany.  The camera kit includes the same 18-55mm lens you already have, and the two lens kit adds the same 75-300mm lens you already have.

The fact that T7 kits include the same lenses that you already have is the reason why I was looking at used gear.  The best time to buy is NOW, before the holidays.  There are deals to be found in your price range.  It just seems like fewer this year.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@MadSail wrote:

Time to upgrade as my megapixel range is now considered too low for the Real Esate websites - I'd like to retain my EF-S 18-55 Lens as well as the EF 75-300 in the next body - I'm old and cheap too so spending $500 is out of my range. I've found a Rebel T-7 for Body for $395 as well as a T-6 for $350 which seem like they will work for me BUT are my Lenes compatible?

New to the Community so be gentle with me if the answer is obvious....

Yes, any Canon "Rebel" body can use your current lenses.  Also any model with two digits and the letter D, #0D, can fit the same lenses, too.  Bodies with a single digit followed by the letter D will not fit, except the 7D series is an outlier that will fit.

-------------------------------------------------------

A Rebel T7 "body only" for $395 is a bit steep, I think.  You are definitely in the T5 / T6 / T7 DSLR price range.  Another problem with a T7 body being sold alone is that that is NOT how Canon packages it.  It always sells those bodies in kit with the same lenses that you already have.   I would be inclined to pass on that T7 deal, especially if they claim it is new.  I would question whether or not the body includes a Canon Factory Authorized Warranty.

I would recommend the Canon Online Refurbished Store, but they are sold out in your price range.  You might want to take a KEH dot com for used cameras.  They offer up to a six month guarantee, which is not the same as a six month warranty.  

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Hmm.  I just visited KEH and B&H.  They used to have dozens of used bodies for sale, half of which were under $500.  Just about all of that stock seems to have "vanished" or is just not being advertised at the moment.

"Probably worth waiting until after the Holiday."

You know that's a tough one.  Yeah, they might get a reduction after the holiday's but again there are some deep price cuts on gear right now. On gear that has been updated by a newer (T8i series, I don't think there is a T8, yet) model might just sell out before you decide to buy!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@MadSail wrote:

B&H Photo Video in NYC has the T7 in stock, which certainlay includes a Canon Factory Authoized Warrany.  The camera kit includes the same 18-55mm lens you already have, and the two lens kit adds the same 75-300mm lens you already have.

The fact that T7 kits include the same lenses that you already have is the reason why I was looking at used gear.  The best time to buy is NOW, before the holidays.  There are deals to be found in your price range.  It just seems like fewer this year.

Sound advice W. $450 new with warranty is a smart move compared to save a few bucks with a unknown .....B&H has had my business before - ships free too, I’ll have it Thursday in theory

"It just seems like fewer this year." "I’ll have it Thursday in theory"

Good go because fewer this year means even fewer new year!

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Time to upgrade as my megapixel range is now considered too low for the Real Esate websites..."

Seems like a dubious reason or excuse. Most likely you reduce your picture size for a web site anyway but whatever.  Anyways, a new Rebel T7 with a new lens is under your $500 range almost everywhere.

EB
Announcements