cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T6s - Transferring Raw Files

Amrita_30
Apprentice

I have been using the EOS Rebel T6s for over a year now. A very good feature is the manner in which pictures can be transferred using the WIFI/NFC to the phone directly. However, i am trying to figure out why won't it let me transfer RAW+Jpeg images while using the WIFI to my phone.

Everytime after transferring, i try to find the Raw file in my phone but i cannot find one. After saving all the pictures over my phone, i used the Canon photo connect app and deleted the saved pictures. Now that i know that i cannot transfer Raw files over my phone using the wifi option, is there any other way to do this? 

If not, do i always need to connect the camera to my Laptop or PC and transfer files as the raw files show up on the laptop/PC.

Kindly help resolve this as i am a regular clicker and would be thankful for some solution to this issue.

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Are you certain your smartphone can display camera Raw images?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Amrita_30
Apprentice
No, my smartphone doesn't display the raw image. When i use the WiFi to transfer the images over the phone, the canon photo connect app compresses the raw images to JPEG and transfers it to the smartphone.
After transferring all the pictures in this manner, I deleted the original ones in my camera. However, now I want to know if there's a way to also transfer the raw files to my phone and view them in my phone because I don't want my raw images to just be converted to JPEG and uploaded. That makes the raw function useless for me.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

On page 36 of the WiFi manual for your camera it states that RAW files saved to the phone are saved as JPEGs.

If you have an iPhone you could use the Apple SD card reader and import RAW images to the Camera Roll. but then you would need to connect the iPhone to the PC. So, yes, you would either need to connect the camera to the PC or use an SD card reader to get the images from the camera to the PC.

The purpsoe of the wifi upload is sharing images, generally by email. For that you want JPEGs.

If you havent formatted or recorded new images on the card you could try one of the many recovery software products and try to recover the images.

Never erase files from the card until you are sure they are safely somewhere else.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Amrita_30
Apprentice
Thanks. This helps 👍
Announcements