cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T6 Flash

Baloo
Apprentice

The flash on my EOS Rebel T6 camera makes like a 'bzzt' sound whenever I try to take a picture with the flash.  It not only makes that sound but it also has like a strobe light effect at the same time.  I haven't done much with it because I'm really nervous about breaking it when I just recently got it.  Any solutions or ideas would be very appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Check if you have red eye reduction and/or auto focus assist enabled. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

PLee
Enthusiast

Your camera is acting normally. Whenever you're trying to take a picture in a darker environment and the flash is up, "AF-assist beam firing" will use your built-in flash to help brighten your scene by pulsing as you've described.

If you just want to disable this function, you will have to have your camera in a creative shooting mode like: P, Tv, Av or M and access the custom functions through the menu system.

1. Go to third yellow tab.
  2. Custom Functions (C.Fn)
  3. The custom function you'd be looking for is C.Fn III:7 AF-assist beam firing.
  4. Change it to something other than "enabled" like item 1, "disabled".

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The rapid blinking is normal. The buzzing should not be very audible.  And for pete's sake use your camera and don't be afraid of breaking it. That is why you bought it, to use it didn't you? I does make a nice paper weight, I agree, but it makes a better camera.  BTW, it isn't as fragile as you might think.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The buzzing during "Disco flash" for focus assist is *very* audible.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements