cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T6 1300D - video works but won’t take pics

Cottontate
Contributor
Bought this camera about 3 years ago. Used it heavily for travel baseball taking 1k pics in a weekend. So .. it’s heavily used.

1. The video works fine

2. The camera won’t take pictures. I have cleared all settings, charged the battery and used it on the green square with no luck.

My question is this .... how long does the camera last when heavily used. I talked to a professional sports photog and he told me that one day the shutter will just stop working. Did this happen to me?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am assuming it’s cheaper to get a new camera than to get the shutter repaired.

Thanks!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Is the lens auto focusing?  Try it with the lens switched to MF.  The shutter should be able to fire even without a lens attached.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Is the lens auto focusing?  Try it with the lens switched to MF.  The shutter should be able to fire even without a lens attached.

Cottontate
Contributor
Waddizle....I took my smaller lens off (15-55mm) and you are correct. The camera did fire with no lens attached. I re-attached the lens and it did not work. I then tried my larger lens (55-250) and it worked perfect.

Is there a reason that the smaller lens won’t work?

Thx for all your input. Greatly appreciated.

Doug

It sounds like there is an issue with your lens not auto focusing.  Again, does it work with the lens switch set to MF?

Cottontate
Contributor
Well....I followed your instructions and when I moved it to MF from AF it works!!!!

How did u know that? Thx a million!!!!! U rock.

Why does MF work and not AF?

Thanks a million

Doug Tate

*Exactly* which lenses do you have.

@kvbarkley wrote:

*Exactly* which lenses do you have.

The kit lens in every factory T6 kit that I have seen contain the EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II.  I'd bet the AF motors are jammed from accidentally turning the AF ring, instead of the zoom ring.

My thought, too.

There is a procedure to pop it back in place, you can search this site.

Cottontate
Contributor
I bought the initial rebel starter package and that included

Camera .. EOS Rebel T6

Lens :

EFS 18-55mm Canon
EFS 55-250mm Canon

Cottontate
Contributor
Thx for all the great info. Appreciate it. The site has been quite helpful getting my camera up and running.
Announcements