cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T5 Replacement glass needed for LCD screen

dpatrick_me1
Apprentice

Where can I purchase a replacement display glass that covers the LCD screen for my Rebel T5?

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@dpatrick_me1 wrote:

Where can I purchase a replacement display glass that covers the LCD screen for my Rebel T5?

I would not expect it.  Most likely you will only find the entire LCD display assembly.  

Manufacturers lose money if they keep inventory of each individual part.  It is more economical to stock sub-assemblies than all of the individual parts that go into one.  Some parts could sit on the shelf for years and never move.  Selling assemblies moves inventory of the shelves faster, and more of it.  

Selling assemblies also reduces labor time to effect repairs, too.  Most of the time, the higher cost of an assembly is less than the additional labor that it would take to disassemble something, and then put it back together.  Some assemblies are must be precisely aligned when they are put together.  

As for where you could buy and LCD assembly, I have no idea.  I leave such things to professionals.  That's what money is for.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements