cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebal T6I - err20

blawley
Contributor

Just purchased a new T6I.I tested it at home for a few days and it all worked normal.

Second day on my vacation err20 occrured and no pictures could be taken. I search around the internet and did the power off on on trick, removed the batter, removed the lens and took a picture same err20 occured with the lens off. I tried serveral times throughout my vacation and it never could take another photo (always err20).

I get home a 2 weeks after and now it seems to be working with no err messages.

Since it is less then 45 day old, should I return it to costco (they have a 90 return policy) for another one. I don't want an unreliable camer on vacations !

Regards,

Brad

10 REPLIES 10

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Sure, return it. Just be sure to be honest about the problem.

thanks

Make sure that you get a Canon U.S.A. warranty with it, one year from Canon, not a third party.  You should have had a warranty card with the camera serial number included with the camera kit.  If not, get a refund, instead of an exchange.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

thanks, yes I did get the canon warranty card with its serial number on it in the box.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Brad,

You have two options.  One is to return it for a different one.  However, if the error 02 was because of you, than the new one will do the same thing.  This could be as simple as you didn't get the lens fully clicked on the T6i.  Or you formatted the SD card on your computer instead of the camera. Make sure you have followed the instructions in the manual closely.

And choice two, there might be a fault with this camera and it does need service or returned.

The T6i will not reset itself like some older models when you just remove the battery.  You can always use more than one SD card so you might try a new one that is exactly like the manual suggests to use.  Format it with the camera.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I have just posted the same issue with a T5i, (I forgot to add the err20)  and Also a T5, that did the same thing.  I could not take a photo in Full Auto mode.  After I focused on a different area, it worked as it should.  Of note, a Canon Tech. said, "to clean the pin under the flash, that is exposed only when flash is raised.  Maybe a hair or dust is keeping it from moving freely".  I checked and the pin moves freely, so this is not the problem.  Hopefully, we can correct this from online info.

Thanks ebiggs1,

When the err20 occured it sounded like the shuttler was not openning, the shuttler was making a funny sound like it was trying to open but did not. It made the same noise when the lense was removed so I don't think it was lense connection problem.

Brad

Brad,

OK, now you know it is the camera and not the lens.  From what you said however, I think a call to Canon is warranted.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

thanks for the help.

Brad

Announcements