cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS REBEL XTi

DifferentName
Contributor

Yes DifferentName, evey time I enter name, says try Different Name..........so I did. Works so I`m in.

Greeting from Texas.

Issues; I have a Canon EOS Rebel XTi and I`m sure it is dated. Up until March it worked just fine on Windows Vista.

Now that Vista is no longer supported by MS and the laptop finally bit the dust, I purchased Windows 10.

Sad to say when I plugged the camera in and it downloaded, it vanished.........but said it was there. After a few times beating on my desk I found the pictures. Anyway the problem is there is no way for me to have access to the original Canon program.

It is hard for me to accept that there seem to be no way to get the original camera software to do what it originally did.

Such as resizing, filtering, adding logo`s to prevent photo theft on the picture. All I have is pictures that I cannot upload to another website and then to my sales site. Very frustrating.

While not the most expensive camera, I am pretty mad that I have an issue now. What to do.

Originally I simply plugged in the camera into the old Vista.....new then an it downloaded the software and placed to icons on my desktop....wala! No pain and just that simple. I do not remember using any type of disc tp add software.

Was out of country for 4 years and come back to no support for Vista AND a camera that no longer works.

Very unstatisfied and wonder why there seems to be no fix. So I am trying here and would like to know if there is some work around to solve this problem.

I am not....repeat not a computer wizard,but this has baffled. My hope is there is someone who can help a novice get back in the groove. I have no problem sending the camera back to Canon for an upgrade if thats what it takes.

Thanks for any help and knowledge concerning the above complaint.

DN

13 REPLIES 13

@DifferentName wrote:

Ok fellows, did he serial number download and the one prior to it tht did not require SN.

Went on a mad terror box raid, but then thought the software could be in the house.

Boxes of pictures and software were unpacked and stored inside so the extreme heat and cold would not effect them.

Went into the extra room and luck was with me. The complete set of books and disk were in that drawer.

So now have "everything" that came with camera. I forgot I removed that once everything was loaded on old computer.

Ver. 14.3 EOS Solution Disk.

Next question: I also came across another disk that was in the mix and wonder if it too should be downloaded.

It is "HP Photosmart Plus B209"

I`m not sure if I loaded this program or not, but more than likely I did. Hard to remember what I did nearly 10 years ago when I first got the new laptop (Vista).

Any advice on this disk?

Thank you all, man has this been an adventure. Your help has at least saved me hair loss.

DN 

Do a web search for "HP Photosmart Plus B209".  It is an older All-In-One Printer.  Unless you have the printer, I would ignore the disk.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

DifferentName
Contributor

Ok fellows, the help provided was excellent and I hate to drag this topic back to the front again but I have encountered another problem and hoping that someone has more knowledge than my peanut sized brain can understand.

Prior to this issue like a fool, I beleived all I had to do was plug camera in and got to it. Well after all the  help here they reminded me of a solutions disk that I had forgotten.

I plugged the camera in first and after reading the disclaimers found this was backwards and the disk should have come first as it clearly warns..........disk first or there could be some programs the software would not install and that seems to have happened. I have tried to open my two Canon windows and tried to use them to open the camear program without sucess.

I guess I need to delete what I did and start from the beginning. Can someone help me to remove the (just the Canon camera software) It always opens in the Windows 10 camera window and I have little way to do much with the pictures. Yes they are there but it now requires a lot of steps before I can edit and or upload them.

Any simple 1-2-3 instructions would be very much welcomed.

Again thanks for all the previous help. My sanity is still intact. 

DN

Hi DifferentName,

Thanks for posting.

To uninstall the Canon software from your Windows 10 computer, click on the "Windows/ Start" icon, then choose "All Programs". Next, locate the "Canon Utilities" folder, where you'll find the software. You may uninstall any software you choose by right-clicking on the software, then choose "Uninstall".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ok, thanks. Now to the next issue. Should I start with the "serial#" download here (Canon site) or should I start with the Solutions disk that came with the camera..............and then use the serial# or just simply use the old solutions disk?

I guess I`m asking the 1-2-3- approach. What comes first,second,third if that helps.

Feel as though I`m close with all the help.

Thanks to all.

DN

Announcements