Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 600D Live View Problem

AineP
Contributor

Hi
I am very much a learner.
I am having a problem when in Live View while using a Macro Lens. Everything was working fine until this evening.

However now when I go into LIve View with the Macro Lens on the camera it starts to make a continuous mechanical sound similar to a focusing sound but more grating, and the screen is flickering in tandem with the sound. This happens whether the setting is manual or autofocus.

This is not happenign with my other lens on.

Any thoughts .... is it a fault? THanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Which macro lens?  Turn of the IS, if it has it.  

Make sure you are in One Shot focus mode.  If it is only happening with the one lens, then the lens is highly suspect.  It probably needs a repair.  I suggest that you contact Canon Support for your area.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you very much for your answer.
Attached is a link to the lens that I have.

Im sorry I dont know what IS means. I am just learning.

When I put on the Info from the menu, the histograms are jumping and the sreen is also blinking in tandem with the mehanical noise, so there is some kind of repetitive attempt to focus going on I think. It keeps happening even if I switch the lens to manual focus.

Everything is fine when I go out of live mode, and everything is fine wiht my other lens.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/ef-100mm-f-28-macro-usm

I realised IS means Image Stabilisation. The lens has no option for that.

Contact Canon Support, by phone so they can walk you through it, 1-800-OK-CANON.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you very much for replying. I wish you well in this difficult time with the lockdown. I am in Belgium.\

i was trying to learn more about the camera to distract me from the current situation

Welcome to the forum AineP. 

That lens has a switch that controls focus range. One is 0.48m to infinity and the other allows closer focusing down to 0.31m. Are you too close?

Does the lens focus properly if you use the optical viewfinder. 

What are your lighting conditions and the subject you are trying to focus on?

Does the lens focus properly if you use it as a regular lens - not trying a macro shot?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi 
Thanks for your interest. I have tried changing the focal length switch and it makes no difference.

What happens is that when the mocro lens is on the camera, as soon as I switch to live view mode the camera starts this mechanical noise and the screen is blinking and the histograms jumping. I doesnt matter what I point the lens at, its the same. It only stops if I press the shutter. Its like its 'stuck' mechanically and repeatedly doing the same mechanical action over and over.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements