cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 400D not connecting to Chromebook

jdorrell
Apprentice

Hey everyone! I am trying to transfer my photos onto an external drive, but I can't get my chromebook to recognize the camera when it is plugged in.

Can anyone help me out? The camera has a CF card, so there is no way to connect it other than using a USB cable.

Thank you in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@jdorrell wrote:

Hey everyone! I am trying to transfer my photos onto an external drive, but I can't get my chromebook to recognize the camera when it is plugged in.

Can anyone help me out? The camera has a CF card, so there is no way to connect it other than using a USB cable.

Thank you in advance!

Use a USB card reader to read the memory card.  The chromebook is not supported.  It is not a real computer, IMHO.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I am using the USB cord. But my camera is not being read on either my chromebook or my hp pavilion.

Greetings,

I tend to agree wth Wadizzle regarding the chromebook.

Let's focus on your Pavillion.

What OS does this run?

Are you using a cable that shipped with your camera or an aftermarke cable?

With the camera powered off, connect it to the computer, then power it on, do you hear a detection jingle?

If yes, open disk management and see if the detected drive had a drive letter assigned.  If not, assign one. 

If the above is not working, you'll need to test if the camera will detect on any other computer?

If you can answer the questions above, it my help towards solving your issue.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The pavilion is running an old Windows OS, probably XP or 7.

The cord is an after market cord, but I have never had any issues with the cable before yesterday.

There is no sound made on the camera or the computer, but the camera does tell me that it is busy once the camera is connected and turned on.

It has worked well over the past couple of years on both the pavilion (with the windows OS), my linux run HP, and my Chromebook. Yesterday was the first time I have dealt with any issues with the camera being read on any device.

jdorrell
Apprentice

Still didn't work. No matter what I try, none of my devices recognizes the camera. This is frustrating.

@jdorrell wrote:

Still didn't work. No matter what I try, none of my devices recognizes the camera. This is frustrating.

It is possible the camera port is bad.  Use a card reader.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements