cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 4000D - Problems getting connected to my smartphone.

llroberts
Apprentice

Has anyone else had an issue getting the camera to connect to anything via wifi?   I have had this camera for about a month and I have so far not been successful in connecting it to my phone.  I have followed the instructions to the letter and I always get the same result.  It just says "Internet may not be available", but there is a strong signal and I don't have an internet issue.  

Just thought maybe if someone else had the same problem, they might have some tips I haven't tried yet.  My next stop is tech support.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

First thing to check:  Is your phones OS (version) supported?

The 4000D only supports Wi-Fi and does not support NFC.

Suggest you ensure the config on your camera is correct.  It will act as the AP.  Your phone will then connect to it's wireless broadcast.

We usually recommend resetting the wireless settings on your camera after one or more unsuccessful connection attempts have failed.

You can also tell the Camera Connect APP to forget its settings as well.  Then start over.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

Greetings,

First thing to check:  Is your phones OS (version) supported?

The 4000D only supports Wi-Fi and does not support NFC.

Suggest you ensure the config on your camera is correct.  It will act as the AP.  Your phone will then connect to it's wireless broadcast.

We usually recommend resetting the wireless settings on your camera after one or more unsuccessful connection attempts have failed.

You can also tell the Camera Connect APP to forget its settings as well.  Then start over.

The "no internet connection ...." message sounds like it is connecting to the AP in the phone, which has no internet.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Johnson521
Apprentice

@targetehr wrote:

Has anyone else had an issue getting the camera to connect to anything via wifi?   I have had this camera for about a month and I have so far not been successful in connecting it to my phone.  I have followed the instructions to the letter and I always get the same result.  It just says "Internet may not be available", but there is a strong signal and I don't have an internet issue.  

Just thought maybe if someone else had the same problem, they might have some tips I haven't tried yet.  My next stop is tech support.

I would first uninstall the Canon Camera Connect App from your smartphone, reboot the phone, and then re-install the App. This will make sure the the App is completely uninstalled and latest version of the App is installed fresh.

Announcements