cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 350D - flashlight doesn't work | Error 05

hannah2
Apprentice

Good morning,

yesterday I got an EOS 350D which works well in the modi P, Tv, Av, M and A-DEP. The automatic Modi doesn't work, because even the flash come up error 5 occurs. It comes up properly with two clicks inside the camera. What's the problem may be?

Thank you in advance and kind regards

Hannah

Good old stuff: EOS 350D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF 55-200 mm, LENOVO ThinkPad R61i + HAMA USB 2.0 Card Reader, UBUNTU 14.04 LTS.

Tornesch, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This appears to be a common problem on older equipment. 

Pop-up sensor switch.  This switch can get dirty and stuck, or its spring might be worn out.  This body is nearly 15 yrs old now.  Try cleaning with compressed air, tweezers and Q-Tip.  Be very gentle.   

Below image is an example.   

EOS Example.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This appears to be a common problem on older equipment. 

Pop-up sensor switch.  This switch can get dirty and stuck, or its spring might be worn out.  This body is nearly 15 yrs old now.  Try cleaning with compressed air, tweezers and Q-Tip.  Be very gentle.   

Below image is an example.   

EOS Example.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello Rick,

thanks for your answer.

The pin of the pop-up-sensor-switch is floating well and the spring is working. The pin stands up 2 mm over the shell after the flash-device is open. The lock moves two times while the procedure. It seems the sensor himself is damaged.

Because I don't need the motive programms to get very good images, I will leave the eos in her actual state. If I becomes In need of flashlight, I will buy a compatible external unit.

Kind regards

hannah

Good old stuff: EOS 350D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF 55-200 mm, LENOVO ThinkPad R61i + HAMA USB 2.0 Card Reader, UBUNTU 14.04 LTS.

Tornesch, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
Announcements