cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 1100D Not working

cjseg37
Contributor

Hi guys! my canon eos 1100D isnt working. I had it checked out and they told me that the sd card i was using damged the hardware of the camera because it couldnt catch up with the camera. So now that the camera is broken, is there anyway I can fix it without briging it to the shop and paying? pls help me bc i dont have the funds to have it repeaired right now. 

24 REPLIES 24

cjseg37
Contributor
Actually I’m staying in the Philippines , and I had it checked out here in a canon shop. Yeah and the guy explained it to me saying that it’s either the sd card or the battery that destroyed the hardware. I’m just really confused to how these two could have possibly damaged the hardware of the camera for good.

Was your battery a genune Canon product or a third party battery?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

"I had it checked out here in a canon shop."

This is the problem, not you.  This guy doesn't know what he is talking about. You need a real deal Canon service center. You need to get the phone number first and call them. You may need to ship it to one.  But it has to be a Canon facility not some shop keeper.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@cjseg37wrote:
Actually I’m staying in the Philippines , and I had it checked out here in a canon shop. Yeah and the guy explained it to me saying that it’s either the sd card or the battery that destroyed the hardware. I’m just really confused to how these two could have possibly damaged the hardware of the camera for good.

Bear in mind, the guy in the camera shop wants to sell you a new camera.  I am not saying that he is dishonest.  It is just far easier to condemn the camera, and sell you a new one, than it is to diagnose and repair a new one.

Case in point, he said the battery, or card, destroyed the hardware.  What did he say next?  Did he offer to repair it, or did he offer to sell you a camera?  Take the advice of others, and contact Canon.   I do not know a phone number for your country, but you should at least be able to contact them via the internet.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

cjseg37
Contributor
Alright I’ll try. I appreciate you helping me! Thanks!

cjseg37
Contributor
He told it had to be repaired because I was broken totally broken and needs to be brought to their service center. He told me the repair was going to be about $260. He told me repairing it is really going to be that expensive which I also agree. He told me that they offered trade ins for discounts for a new camera. Okay I’ll try to contact the main canon office here. Thanks!

@cjseg37wrote:
He told it had to be repaired because I was broken totally broken and needs to be brought to their service center. He told me the repair was going to be about $260. He told me repairing it is really going to be that expensive which I also agree. He told me that they offered trade ins for discounts for a new camera. Okay I’ll try to contact the main canon office here. Thanks!

That was the response of a reputable dealer. He offered to repair the camera.  He pointed out that the cost of repair may be too high to worth the cost.  Actuallly, there is no way to know the cost until the camera is tested and examined.

If they want to give you a discount on a new camera, explore the offers.  Make sure it is for a new camera, not a used one.

"That was the response of a reputable dealer"

I disagree totally.  What he told you was BS.  You need to talk to Canon.  I am sure they have a representative in your area. Find there phone number and call them.

EB

@ebiggs1wrote:

"That was the response of a reputable dealer"

I disagree totally.  What he told you was BS.  You need to talk to Canon.  I am sure they have a representative in your area. Find there phone number and call them.

Ernie, he was told that it was not worth the cost of repair on a T3.  I am surprised that you disagree with that advice.

"I am surprised that you disagree with that advice."

I disagree with the SD card ruined the 'hardware' or the battery ruined the 'hardware'.  No Canon service center told him that. It is BS.

EB
Announcements