cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 1100D Not working

cjseg37
Contributor

Hi guys! my canon eos 1100D isnt working. I had it checked out and they told me that the sd card i was using damged the hardware of the camera because it couldnt catch up with the camera. So now that the camera is broken, is there anyway I can fix it without briging it to the shop and paying? pls help me bc i dont have the funds to have it repeaired right now. 

24 REPLIES 24

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

That explanation sounds bogus. The camera won’t be damaged from using a slow SD card. Plus, as an entry level model, I don’t think it’s possible to buy a card that is too slow for the write speed of your camera. It is possible that something physically damaged the contacts in the SD slot. What is “broken”. Does the camera turn on?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It sounds like you are saying your camera still works but the SD card slot is damaged because the SD card didn't engage the SD slot properly. . 

If so, there really is no way to repair the slot yourself.    BUT......Even without a SD card in your camera, you can still take photos and save them on your computer by using the EOS Utility "Remote Shooting" software available from Canon. 

You will need to be tethered to the computer using a dedicated USB cable, but will be able to take photos and save them to your computer, even without an SD card in your camera.

Link:  EOS Utility 3: Software Overview and Interface Tour

003.jpg

003a.jpg

Mike Sowsun

cjseg37
Contributor
Nope the camera doesn’t turn on at all. the place where I had it checked out was a canon customer service place and they told me that my sd card wasn’t capable with my camera so it damaged the hardware. They told me I needed an as card with better class. They also told me that it would have been possible that my battery could have destroyed the hardware as well from leaving the battery inside it when I don’t use the camera for a long time. I’m just confuse to how an sd card could damage the hardware of the camera.

No Canon USA service center told you that.  Smiley Frustrated

The only possible exception to what you said they said is the battery.  Did you use an off brand battery?  Always use Canon brand batteries. Off brand batteries have been known to damage cameras.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@cjseg37
... the place where I had it checked out was a canon customer service place ,,.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

cjseg37
Contributor
I was using the original battery ever since I bought the camera. They checked out the battery and they told me the battery wasn’t the problem to it.

You said, "They also told me that it would have been possible that my battery could have destroyed the hardware..."

I didn't .

EB

"They checked out the..."

Exactly where did you take the camera?

EB

cjseg37
Contributor
Oops my bad I’m sorry. But yeah here’s the thing , they tried it with a different battery but the camera still wouldn’t turn on. Is it really possible that my battery could have absolutely destroyed it’s hardware?
Announcements