cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dull Images on 600D and Speedlite Question

Brian205
Contributor

a) I got a used Canon 600D.

When I take pictures with it. The Images on the Camera Screen have High Contrast.  When I downloaded and save the Images on my Computer. the Images are Low Contrast, Dull Images.. ... I have to adjust increase the Picture Style Contrast on the Camera to make a a Bit better.

why is this ?

I use a Transcend 4G Card which came with the Camera.

is this because its a Old or Used Camera or the Card is not so good ?

-----------------------

b) Is the Yongnuo YN 560 IV the Best Value Speedlite.

I am doing to buy one for my 600d

I am a Hobbyist 🙂

-------------

21 REPLIES 21

The first picture is underexposed.  It is not your color space as I thought.  Did you reset the camera?  Make sure you go into the menu and clear all settings.  Format the SD card.

BTW, the second picture could benefit by setting the Rebel to Landscape.

Mr. Scott has a point about on camera flash but he failed to mention, don't shoot it straight on or without a diffuser.  Aim at the ceiling. Just some more techique you must learn.  Lot's of tricks to know.  I doubt you are ready for multi-flash and remote trigger set-ups, yet.

The reason your camera LCD looks better is, it may be better than your monitor.  You need to make sure the monitor is set correctky, too.  Three settings.  These are extrenmely important, brightness, contrast and grey-scale.  On Windows you don't need any extras to accomplish this.  I bet Mac's come with what they need also.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@Brian205 wrote:

pics testings.JPG

Overexposed, chromatic aberration, imprecise focus, all of which can make a picture look dull.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Brian205
Contributor

These Pics are taken the 3rd day I got my camera, new to dslr btw. I am better now. but it seems many of my Pics Lack Contrast 🙂

@Brian205 wrote:

These Pics are taken the 3rd day I got my camera, new to dslr btw. I am better now. but it seems many of my Pics Lack Contrast 🙂

We can comment only on what we see. If those pix aren't representative of your current results, you'll need to show us something that is.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Brian205
Contributor

Here is another. seems to lack contrast 🙂IMG_0265 - Copy.JPG

Is this actually what the day looked like?  Did you clear all settings.  You must do that first.  You may have exposure compensation set wrong (under).  This photo also seems underexposed.  If you underexpose, you lose contrast.

EB

It lack contrast compared to the day I shot it.

Other than the underexposed leaf/stump image, the rest have a bright sky background and the foreground/subject is under exposed and/or desaturated from the backlighting.

Try changing the metering to either spot metering or center weighted average when part of the scene or the background is much brighter or dimmer than your subject. The sky, for example, will be blown out overexposed, but your subject will be properly exposed.

If the center focus point will be on the sky rather than on your subject, use the exposure lock button with the subject in the center, then you can set exposure based on the subject but then recompose the shot and take the shot.

Also avoid shooting into the sun unless you are intentionally going for a sillhouette or for the desaturated vintage look, or if you are using fill flash on a close subject to make up for it.

Also using a lens hood can keep harsh light from de saturating the image.

What lens are you using?
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

"It lack contrast compared to the day I shot it."

Brian,

Until you reset the camera with clear all settings, I can't help any further.  It is impossibile to tell what is going on unless common ground is met.

EB
Announcements