cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped my canon rebel t4i,broke off canon symbol under flash is there anyway to fix this???

TracyDaly
Apprentice

dropped my canon rebel t4i camera,broke off canon symbol just under flash hard plastic piece.Is there anyway to fix this???

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It's not painted on?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TracyDaly
Apprentice

plastic casing

just like the pic ive posted as advatar cannon symbol just flash broke off.Anyway of fixing this???

So, you're saying you actually broke the camera body?  That piece is part of the main face of the body.

Depending on the extent of the damage (and if you're sure that's all it is) then Canon service likely can pop on a new part. 

BUT... parts don't necessarily break down to the component level you and I might imagine.  I've heard of people needing a new "dial" on the camera and what they have to get is a whole new top-assembly (not just the one little bit that they need.)

The only way to know is for you to contact Canon service.  I'm not sure if you can get a price quote over the phone.  You may have to send it in.  The only way to know is to call.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Seems like everything is $200+ bucks so be ready.  You will have to get an estimate and go from there.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements