cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped T4i - need help with next step

KKeith
Apprentice

Dropped my T4i. Camera and all menus still works if I shoot in Live View Mode. When using viewfinder, pics underexposed by at least 3 stops. Removed battery. Reset all settings. Reformatted card. Tried different lens. Looking for advice on next steps. May be the excuse I need for a 6D. 

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"May be the excuse I need for a 6D."

It is !  Smiley Wink  Actually repairable or not, get the 6D.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

So if I get the 6D. What is the best process. Repair and trade in? Simply trade in as is? I there a recommendation for a company that will offer a fair trade-in value and competitive price? 

A broken camera is only worth parts, which is basically nothing.  Look into Canon's customer loyalty program. At times they will sell you a refurbished camera at a discount if you have a Canon trade in.  There is a number you can call, or you could email a moderator here, I assume. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

My understanding of CPL.  It is only done with referbs.  If the referb is on sale the CPL price and sale price are the same.

Your "trade-in" does/did not have to work.  I don't know of anybody that has done it recently. The last person I know of got $20 bucks off on a referb lens.   It may not even be in force now.  You need to call Canon.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements