cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped T4i - need help with next step

KKeith
Apprentice

Dropped my T4i. Camera and all menus still works if I shoot in Live View Mode. When using viewfinder, pics underexposed by at least 3 stops. Removed battery. Reset all settings. Reformatted card. Tried different lens. Looking for advice on next steps. May be the excuse I need for a 6D. 

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"May be the excuse I need for a 6D."

It is !  Smiley Wink  Actually repairable or not, get the 6D.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

So if I get the 6D. What is the best process. Repair and trade in? Simply trade in as is? I there a recommendation for a company that will offer a fair trade-in value and competitive price? 

A broken camera is only worth parts, which is basically nothing.  Look into Canon's customer loyalty program. At times they will sell you a refurbished camera at a discount if you have a Canon trade in.  There is a number you can call, or you could email a moderator here, I assume. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

My understanding of CPL.  It is only done with referbs.  If the referb is on sale the CPL price and sale price are the same.

Your "trade-in" does/did not have to work.  I don't know of anybody that has done it recently. The last person I know of got $20 bucks off on a referb lens.   It may not even be in force now.  You need to call Canon.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements