Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Dropped Canon Rebel T4i

My camera dropped from a 3 foot table— when I took a look at it, it seemed that the lens was uneven so I took the lens off and put it back on but the auto focus wasn’t working. I tried taking it off again and noticed that there were some small broken plastic pieces on the lens but they didn’t look like they could affect much. When I put the lens on though, it seems loose like it doesn’t fit right. Is this a mechanical issue with my camera because it dropped or is the lens broken and I need a new one?
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Dropped Canon Rebel T4i

@lucyweaverr wrote:
My camera dropped from a 3 foot table— when I took a look at it, it seemed that the lens was uneven so I took the lens off and put it back on but the auto focus wasn’t working. I tried taking it off again and noticed that there were some small broken plastic pieces on the lens but they didn’t look like they could affect much. When I put the lens on though, it seems loose like it doesn’t fit right. Is this a mechanical issue with my camera because it dropped or is the lens broken and I need a new one?

Probably both.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Highlighted
VIP

Looks like a good time to upgrade to the T7i.  I don't think Canon services the T4i any longer. So, upgrade is in order and be more careful. Smiley Happy

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Yes upgrade, even if Canon would repair it would cost a whole lot of money. Upgrade and buy an accidental damage extended warranty too. T7i kit or even the T6i kit whatever your budget allows.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes.  Not even a question.  Divine intervention.  God telling you its time to buy a new camera.

Black Friday Deals Galore!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100
Highlighted
VIP

"Divine intervention."  Smiley Very Happy

The T4i was not all that good of a Rebel anyway.  It was superseded almost before it came out by the T5i.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Bought a new lens for $35 on mob.com and it works like new! thanks for the suggestions though
Highlighted
New Contributor

mpb.com ***